The mechanism of action of Cialis (tadalafil) involves the following:
- During the penile erection process, blood flows to the penis because of the relaxation of the penile arteries and smooth muscles within the penis. This response is associated with the release of the chemical, nitric oxide and this action stimulates the synthesis of the substance, cGMP.
- Those with erection problems have difficulties with the penile erection process because of impaired blood flow to the penis
- cGMP relaxes the smooth muscles and assists in blood flow to the penis
- The inhibition of the enzyme PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5), by tadalafil, increases the amount of cGMP in the smooth muscle cells
- Sexual stimulation is required for the release of nitric oxide in the penis and therefore the therapeutic action of this medication would not be possible without sexual arousal
- The use of this medicine, together with sexual stimulation, can effectively improve blood flow to the penis and hence, treat erectile dysfunction
- In addition to inhibiting PDE5, this therapeutic is known to increase PDE 11 (and more so than other ED medications), which is found in the prostate, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, pituitary gland and testes. It is not well known how the effects of this inhibition affect the body but it has been suggested that this action can be related to .
How Does Tadalafil Work to Treat ED?
Tadalafil works to improve the flow of blood to the penis through the above mentioned mode of action. It is thought that the action of tadalafil tablets result in certain side effects, such as facial flushing.
For example, the therapeutic action of this medication influences the flow of blood through the dilation of the blood vessels and this subsequently causes facial flushing. However, there are other ED medicines that are thought to be associated with a greater incidence of adverse effects than this erectile dysfunction treatment and this may be due to their functioning, for example:
- Tadalafil pills are known to inhibit PDE6, an enzyme found in the eye but this action is more extensive for other ED tablets, such as vardenafil and sildenafil. It is for this reason that those who use these sexual dysfunction medicines see a tinge or have heightened sensitivity to light
- Tadalafil is also known to inhibit PDE1 which is found in the brain, vascular smooth muscle and the heart as well. Sildenafil and vardenafil are thought to inhibit this enzyme more than the aforementioned therapeutic, which could be a reason for the facial flushing side effect.
How Long Will Tadalafil Work For?
Tadalafil lasts for the period of time among all the PDE5 inhibitors. This duration of action has been reported to be as long as 36 hours when used for the management of erectile dysfunction symptoms, and longer in some cases. This period of therapeutic action is, however, not the same for every person and can less or more depending on:
- Age: the physiological changes that occur as you age can have an effect on the pharmacological action of this erectile dysfunction medication. This means that senior men are cautioned when using these pills as the reduced kidney and liver functioning (which occurs as you get older) may affect the elimination of the therapeutic ingredients from the body. If allowed to accumulate in the body, these medicinal ingredients can cause severe health complications.
- Dosage: a higher dose can generally prolong the therapeutic action of a medicine but it is recommended that you adhere to your advised dosage so as to reduce your chances of developing side effects. Adhering to the recommended dosing schedule can also minimize your risk of developing tolerance to the medicine.
- Metabolism: this refers to the breakdown of medicine. Those with slower metabolisms will normally process the medication at a much slower rate than those with faster metabolisms, and in general, if the rate of metabolism of the pharmacologically active metabolite is increased, this will typically the duration of action.
Does 10 mg and 20 mg Tadalafil Work Differently?
The functioning of this medication is not dependent on any tadalafil dosage. This means that these erectile dysfunction pills will work in the same manner no matter what dosage you may take it at. However, there are certain consequences of taking larger amounts of this medicine and these include:
- It changes more than your ability to achieve an erection: this therapeutic works to inhibit the PDE5 enzyme in the penis, hence administering high dosages of this medication can affect the functioning of your penis. Moreover, the PDE5 enzyme is not only found in the penis but in the tissues, kidneys, lungs, platelets and brain as well. This means that high doses of this therapeutic can affect these areas of the body as well.
- It remains in your system for longer and is eliminated at a much slower rate: larger amounts of the medicine can stay in your system for a longer period of time and this can influence the rate of drug elimination. It is harmful for the accumulation of pharmacologically active metabolites in the body.
- It increases your chances of tadalafil side effects: it is widely known that the incidence of side effects is dose-related in most situations. This means that the more medication you take, the greater your chances of experiencing one or more adverse events.
Buy Tadalafil to See How it Works for Your Sex Life!
The best way to determine if a medication is useful is to try it for yourself. You can easily buy tadalafil online and review the customer appraisals to find out how effective this medication is for the treatment of ED and other medical conditions as well. These user surveys can also be convenient for deciding which brand of tadalafil to buy.
You can choose to either buy generic Cialis or buy tadalafil in the branded form (the biggest difference is the cheaper tadalafil cost of the generic version. Whichever form you choose to buy, you will find that this medication is both efficacious and safe, as well as has the longest duration of action of all the medicines in its class.